Saturday, March 15, 2014

Feedback Time! Bobbie Kaleidoscope Polish in Cherie Red

Hey Guys!

I'm back to share my thoughts on the Bobbie Kaleidoscope Polish in Cherie Red. Please take note that my reviews are honest and not biased. Well, there is no reason for me to be biased because everything is bought with my own money. Let's start!


Bobbie is a brand under Chic Centre Corporation which was established in 1977 here in the Philippines.


If you are visiting the country, you might want to checkout the local brands we have here. From shoes to cosmetics, we have a lot of products. I enjoy doing that when I'm vacationing abroad. If you want to see what they offer, you can check their website. Though I think it's not updated because I can't find the Kaleidoscope there. They do have a Facebook account which is up-to-date.


This is actually my very first color changing nail polish. I had bought it early this year and I already used 1/4 of the product. It's not because I always use it, this is actually the third time I'm using this polish. The reason is I need to put several layers to achieve that flawless, no visible nails look. If you get my drift.

This product comes in 5 colors. I don't own the photo above!


Anyhoo, here are the pictures of the product:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/q77/s720x720/10150801_10202850402893510_5611501205508352531_n.jpghttps://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/q79/s720x720/10155522_10202850403333521_2354559339389737431_n.jpg


Here's how they look after application and during color change:

From icy pink, the polish turns into french pink. I got the color names from the internet.


I love the before and after color of this polish. I also love the transition it makes every time I hold something cold. The only thing I hate is that you need to apply several layers to fully cover your nails. Would you believe I have 5 layers of THIS nail polish on my fingers in the pictures above? Yes, I did apply a colorless base coat and 2 top coats on my nails as well.

Its staying power is not bad. It's now my 4th day wearing it and it's still quite intact. I can see some traces of chipping near the cuticle area. It's easy to remove, sometimes I peel it off which is not advisable but it amuses me :P


To summarize, here's what I love and hate about the Bobbie Kaleidoscope Polish in Cherie Red. Please take note that these are what I encountered. Our nails differ so what worked for me might not work for you, vise versa.

What I HATE!
  • Finish. For me, applying 1 to 2 coats of this polish is not enough to cover my nails. The finish is too opaque so I need to apply more layers to have that flawless look.
  • Longevity. Chipping started already on the 2nd day on my cuticle area.

What I LOVE! 
  • Color. I'm so loving this icy pink and french pink color.
  • Finish. It dries easily, if you are applying 1 to 2 coats. If more, good luck with that.
  • Effect. I enjoy watching it transition. Even my partner finds it amazing.
  • Price. Not bad for a color changing nail polish. It's only 79.75. (approx. US$2).

Re-purchase?
- Yes of course! Even though I have to apply layer after layer and wait for it to dry like crazy, I still want to try the other colors available.

Recommend?
- If you don't mind wearing an opaque nail polish, I do recommend it! If you hate the idea of applying so many layers just to achieve the look I have in the pictures, you might want to PASS.

Kiss Mark?





Thank you guys for dropping by..

Tata for now! :)


5 comments:

  1. What a great idea...polishes that change shades. I have never heard of this...I really need to become more experimental with my nails, I'm missing out on so much! Thanks for sharing this.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's your day Keisha? :) Isn't it cool? If I'm not mistaken, ORLY and China Glaze have it as well. Also, there is this brand named Ruby Wing. Their nail polishes change color when you're under the sun. Now that's awesome. I wish I can buy it here 'cause summer is near!

      Thanks again dear for checking this out.

      Enjoy your day or night.. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi JC! :) Yes do try it out. If you're not from the Philippines, you can the one from ORLY and China Glaze. I'm really amused everytime I see my nails change its color when I'm wearing this.

      Thanks for dropping by..

      Delete
  3. Hi great review! Please check my Bobbie Kaleidoscope Polish review here....
    http://liveloveandlou.blogspot.com/2015/01/nails-bobbie-kaleidoscope-polish-lemon.html

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts