Monday, February 3, 2014

Feedback Time! Ever Bilena Advance Whitening BB Cream..

Hey Guys! :)

I'm back with my very first product review and I'll be giving my honest opinion about Ever Bilena Advance Whitening BB Cream. Please take note this review is not sponsored and I used my own money to buy the said product. So, let's start! :)


A brief introduction about Ever Bilena. Base on their website, http://everbilena.com.ph, they started back in 1983 selling nail polishes. Well, I didn't know that. Anyhoo, by 1985 their business boomed and became a full grown cosmetic line.They won awards here and there, and their Vision is to be the #1 cosmetic company here and abroad. With their affordable prices, their vision might not be too far behind. If you were to ask me what was my first product from them, I think it was the EB Advance Two-Way Cake and I had my reasons why I didn't re-purchase it.


If you read my previous post, I indicated there the reason why I bought this BB cream. Because of those darn Vloggers and Bloggers. :) Lol.. I've read and watched some good reviews and not so good reviews about this product and I will unveil later which side I'm on.


When the bb cream mania started, I went gaga over it as well and fell inlove with the one from Maybelline. I was very fascinated on how it worked on my skin. I look so blooming. It made my face glow so much to the point that on flash photography, I look like a ghost. Lol! :) But still, I continued using it because of the consistency of the product as well as the idea of me being in and looking like a pretty Casper. Lately, I stopped using bb cream because I realized the color is not working for my skintone. Ever since I started watching and reading vlogs&blogs, I'm open to using bb cream again.


So let's start with the product's description, claims, and ingredients:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-9/q75/s720x720/10171141_10202849098180893_8859293312717216756_n.jpg

It's an all-in-one cream that provides flawless coverage. It will conceal your blemishes and dark spots which will also protect your face from the sun's harmful rays. It will make your face fairer, softer and smoother. As for the ingredients, it contains shea butter which is good for moisturizing. Fragrance, which I'm not too fond of. It also contains PARABEN, which they say can cause breast cancer. I'll make and intensive research about that since some of my makeup contains them. I'll share it to you guys after.. Also it says, MADE IN CHINA.


So here's what the EB Advance BB Cream w/ Whitening looks like:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/q87/s720x720/1374837_10202849106501101_7296308673064997412_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/q87/s720x720/10247330_10202849098540902_8469408824086401604_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/q79/s720x720/1907282_10202849117621379_334869971556908979_n.jpg

The packaging of the Ever Bilena BB Cream is tube type made out of plastic. The color of the one with the whitening formula is pearl white and purple with a silver stripe in it. The cap is also silver colored made from a hard plastic. The one with the anti-wrinkle bb cream came in a pearl white and baby pink packaging. Honestly the packaging itself is not bad. Although you just need to make sure that there is no cream on the tip of the tube when you close it or else it will be all messy and unhygienic when you open it. But I really don't like the design of it. I actually don't get it. There is so much going on with the design. There is a flask which I guess represent chemicals and, is that a purple rainbow? Then there's the silver stripe with a beige outline which is already faded. Anyhoo, we're not after the appearance. We are after the performance. So let's get on with it!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/q86/s720x720/1939879_10202849107181118_1452457938665684552_n.jpg 

The consistency of the product is quite thick. It's not watery nor runny. You can see that there is some melting going on at the base of the cream but it doesn't run down on my skin unlike other bb creams I've seen. The color matches my skintone perfectly, since I have a yellow undertone. Other bb creams in the market leave a white or grayish cast.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/q86/s720x720/1505428_10202849113981288_948173818153741145_n.jpg
Right side (w/ bb cream)


I seem to have no problem with the consistency and with the color of the cream but as for the performance, I HATE IT! During application, I'm having a hard time blending it on my forehead and brow area because it's caking like crazy. It leaves white streaks on those areas too. I think it's because of the facial hair. Btw, I didn't use anything on my face before application and I used my fingers to apply it. Also, just seconds after applying the bb cream, I can see the oil seeping through my nose's pores already.

** UPDATE **
To avoid those white streaks, it's advisable to apply the product with a blending brush. I tried it and the finish was flawless.

Oh! Wait, I do have a problem with the consistency. See the picture above? You can see that there are some bead like thing on the cream. I don't know what the heck that is but it's rough and it doesn't melt easily. So i feel like I'm scrubbing my face during application. I noticed the Careline BB Cream I bought from the same Watsons store also have that. Maybe it's an old stock or something but Careline is under Ever Bilena so I'm not surprised if they both have it. I'll make a review on that product as well, soon.

Like what I said, it cakes up. Even though it was just one layer of application. The finish is somewhat matte, infairness I like the finish. But it creases under my eyes, on the lid area, and on the side of my nostril. NO!!! Okay, so I finish off my application with Nichido Final Powder. I really love the outcome after that. I look so flawless, thank you Nichido. :)

For the longevity, it lasted on me for 4-5 hours but I already noticed my nose is very oily on the first hour. After 6 hours, my face is oily as hell already. You would need to do retouches or blotting if you have oily skin so be prepared.

I tried it again the next day, this time I moisturized and used a primer. Same thing happened, it streaks and cakes like crazy. Most especially on my facial hair area. After a few minutes of application, I have dots on my nose. As if my pores where trying to breathe. I tried to cover it by applying a little amount of primer but the bb cream came off. So I applied a small amount of bb cream again on my nose, but the hell it caked and left a huge streak. I tried blending it but it doesn't want to blend till it just came off again. I gave up and I just put final powder on my nose. With the primer on, it lasted 5-6 hours. It was less oily this time.


To summarize, here's what I love and hate about the Ever Bilena Whitening BB Cream. Please take note that these are what I encountered. Our skin differ so what worked for me might not work for you, vise versa.

What I HATE!
  • Fragrance. You can smell that there is chemical in it. Kinda reminds me of sunblocks.
  • Design. You don't want to go there.
  • Paraben. Might be unhealthy.
  • Made in China. Need I say more.
  • Consistency. There's a rough bead like thing in it which takes time to melt. It cakes. It streaks. It creases.  Stubborn, won't blend well.

What I LOVE!
  • Undertone. I'm so inlove with it! The color blends well on my skin.
  • Finish. Love it! Love the semi-matte finish.
  • Price. Hello.. 220 (approx. US$5)

Re-purchase?
- I'm still thinking because I really like the color and how it blends with my skintone but I hate how it looks on me.

Recommend?
- Yes I will because it may work on you. There are some people who likes it. So give it a shot! You'll never know. :)

Kiss Mark?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/10300778_10202917658574860_2463690134617146249_n.jpg
- I'm giving this baby 3.5 kissies!


I hope you guys liked my review. Thank you for reading.

Tata for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts